.

Thursday, December 23, 2010

What Love!

We fly out tonight to spend Christmas in Arizona! We are all very excited about our vacation. :) Christmas in the beautiful snowy (hopefully!) mountains! Warm fires, hot chocolate, family, coziness. Ahh, sounds great doesn't it? 


We're looking forward to this Christmas with Lucy. Last year she was 2 weeks old. :) She wasn't into much more then sleeping and eating. I can't wait to see her eyes as she discovers the wrapping and bows (because trust me, those will be more fun than the gifts!). I am so thankful to have a child to share Christmas with. I don't care about getting gifts any more. The joy for me is giving and watching the wonder in Lucy's eyes!
Gifts are fun and all that, but it's not the reason we celebrate. 

Last Sunday evening at church we had a Christmas music and salvation testimony service. SALVATION---What an amazing way to look at Christmas! Yes, we celebrate that Jesus was born. But He was born to die. He was born to die for my sins and yours. I am so thankful that no matter the trials, sadness, and hurt we may be experiencing, Jesus came to give us hope! Even though circumstances in life would make us bitter and angry, unlike those without Christ, we don't have to be. Jesus has given us HOPE! I do not have to be a slave to sin anymore! I can experience the true joy and love and hope and peace that Christ offers. What a beautiful gift! Eph. 2:8. "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God."

Tomorrow evening at my grandparents home, all of my family will be sharing what they are most thankful for this year. We won't be there, but this is what I am most grateful for: my salvation. Jesus coming to save ME. No gift is greater. I am praying for those close to me who have not received this gift--who are in the throes of sin and in bondage to self-- that they would accept Christ and be saved! Would you pray with me? I'm praying for miracles in lives. Let's pray together that our friends and family wouldn't spend another Christmas without Christ! If you have recieved salvation, reflect with me this Christmas and praise God for His indescribable gift!

When love came down to earth
And made His home with men,
The hopeless found a hope,
The sinner found a friend.
Not to the powerful
But to the poor He came,
And humble, hungry hearts
Were satisfied again.
What joy, what peace has come to us!
What hope, what help, what love!
When every unclean thought,
And every sinful deed
Was scourged upon His back
And hammered through His feet.
The Innocent is cursed,
The guilty are released;
The punishment of God
On God has brought me peace.
Come lay your heavy load
Down at the Master’s feet;
Your shame will be removed,
Your joy will be complete.
Come crucify your pride,
And enter as a child;
For those who bow down low
He’ll lift up to His side.

 Merry Christmas! 
Love Carey, Tali and Lucy

No comments:

Post a Comment