.

Monday, December 20, 2010

Capturing Christmas

Yesterday we had "Christmas" with my family. 
On Thursday we're flying out to Arizona for a WEEK (yay!) 
to spend the holiday with Carey's family. 
So, yesterday was the one day
we all could get together to exchange gifts. 
We had a wonderful time! 
Anyway, the reason for the post is that I got a very
exciting Christmas gift from my Mommy and Daddy. :) 
Something I've been wanting for a while......are you curious?

A Nikon D3000!!! With a 18-55mm lens AND a 55-200mm lens. 
(Perfect for up-close portraits of the cutest subject ever). 
I am already in love. 
The quality of the pictures = amazing.
And I can capture Lucy's expressions because
the camera takes immediately! 
So be prepared for lots of cute pictures. I'm having a ton of fun! 
I have a lot to learn. These cameras are complicated! 
But thankfully the "auto" setting is perfect for beginners like me. =)
Here's a few of the pictures I've taken so far. 

Whatcha doin', Mom? How many pictures do you plan on taking?
Too much Christmas. I need a nap.

Lucy with her Christmas gift from us. A Build-A Bear Bunny!
Christmas!!!!

My little beauty.

This picture captures the personality of my Lucy. :) I love it.

So if I didn't already take a million pictures of Lucy before....
=)
I am also excited to take some pictures while we're in AZ. 
Contrary to popular thought, AZ is not all warm and sunny. 
Carey's family lives in the mountains
where it's cold and *hopefully* snowy! :) 
There is endless beautiful scenery for me to photograph!

Thank you, Mom and Dad for such a generous gift!
I love you!!




1 comment: