.

Monday, January 3, 2011

Resolutions

I'm working on a post about our trip to Arizona.
We had a great time and I took tons of pictures!
I promise to post all about it within the next few days. :)
Here's a picture of Lucy playing in the snow to tide you over.


But first.....

New year.....New goals! 
My resolutions? 
Here they are:

-Organize my life.
I keep a clean house and I'm probably pretty organized according to a lot of people. BUT, I want to go through everything in all of the closets and storage and throw away/donate anything we don't need and don't use! I feel like there's a ton of stuff we can get rid of. I am dreaming of spacious closets!! Also, I want to organize our "office." I want to have birthday cards ready to go months in advance, etc. 

-Get in shape! 
Ok, this does not mean lose weight. I am thinner than I've ever been (woo hoo!) but that does not mean I'm in shape. Ha! My only work out consists of chasing Lucy around. Probably doesn't get my heart rate up enough. :) Although it does seem like it at times! I want to do more walking--when the weather gets warm. Until then, my work-out dvd's will have to do. They work great as long as I actually do them! :)

-Read at least 1 book a month. 
So that may not seem like a lot to some of you. But I'm a mom. Reading will only happen during nap time or before I go to bed at night. And nap time is for getting other things done around the house (and for blogging, of course!). =) I might be able to get a chapter in while Lucy plays. She is pretty good at playing on her own. But that's never a for sure thing. So 1 book a month seems like a good goal for me. I would love to read one fiction and one non-fiction a month....which would mean 2 books a month. But I'm starting small and might be pleasantly surprised! So if you have any good book recommendations, send them my way!

Of course, I have more goals--including spiritual ones. 
But wanted to share these few.....hoping to stick with them! :)
Happy 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment