.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Arizona Vacation

We spent a week over Christmas in Arizona visiting Carey's family. 
We had a wonderful time. 
Lucy loved getting to know her
Grandmother and Granddaddy better
.....and they loved her!

Merry Christmas!

Who wouldn't love this cutie!?

Reading together.
 After a long plane ride with a very squirmy baby we made it to AZ. Carey and I were placed in different rows on the plane. Not fun. Lucy wanted to walk up and down the aisle and crawl under everyone's seat. She didn't want to be cooped up on Mommy's lap reading books. That lasted about 15 minutes. The flight was 3 hrs. She definitely did not want to sleep---even though she was exhausted and it was 3 hrs. past her bedtime. But somehow I survived and she wasn't fussy. Just very squirmy. Next time we're taking a dvd player and watching Baby Einstein the entire flight. I have learned my lesson.

Full of energy!


 Anyway, once we made it to Mom and Dad's we spent most of our time relaxing. :) I read an entire book (amazing!). I don't think I've read an entire book since Lucy has been born. Ok, I take it back. I've read ONE. Needless to say, it was quite enjoyable. So I've made reading more books one of my New Year's resolutions.


Christmas morning was lots of fun. I loved watching Lucy open her presents. She LOVES all of her new toys! One of Lucy's favorite toys is her Tea Pot, cups, and petite fours. Let me tell ya, we're having lots of tea parties! :) Here are some pics from Christmas.





 We loved spending time with Randall and Hollie. Lucy loves her Uncle Randall and Aunt Hollie! She's even a pro at saying Hollie's name. It sounds like: Ha-la-ie.  :)



We took a hike and enjoyed beautiful views. The Wilson's live on the Grandview Camp site. The camp isn't quite built, but we enjoyed seeing all of the progress! It's going to be such a wonderful place for campers in the future!



The last couple of days we enjoyed tons of snow! We got about 16 inches. All of the snow called for some SLEDDING! Lucy experienced her first sled ride. Yes, it was fun! Lucy also LOVED playing in the snow. She ate a ton of it. But almost 2 feet of snow and crawling don't mix well. Her face planted a few times and after that life was not as fun. Lucy had to make a quick trip back to the warm car. And poor baby, her cheeks were red for 2 days! But overall it was a good experience. =) 






We had planned to spend our last day at the Phoenix Zoo, but all of the snow made for a LONG trip back to Phoenix. What should have taken us 4 hrs. took us 7. So, no zoo for us. :( It was actually quite cold in Phx. that day anyway. 49 degrees is very chilly for them! We might have been a little cold at the zoo. We did go eat at Claim Jumpers though. Yum! They totally won me over when they brought out a FREE snack plate for Lucy within 5 mins. of sitting down. Those people know kids.
I bet a Mom came up with that idea. :)
The flight home was much better. Carey and I sat together--hallelujah! And no one else was in our row. AND we sat in the first seats on the plane. That meant Lucy had extra room to walk around and play at our feet. I was very thankful for this. I'm not quite sure I could have handled another plane ride like the first. :)
Sweet Lucy even fell asleep the last 20 mins. of the flight.
Happy me.

Thankful for a wonderful time in Arizona!



No comments:

Post a Comment