.

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Oh, Baby!

Oh, Baby. I'm going to have my hands full! I've decided it's about time to announce that we're expecting a new little one! I've known for a month but was waiting until I saw my midwife and made sure everything was ok with the baby to announce the news. I went yesterday and everything looks great! We couldn't hear a heartbeat on the doppler--it's hard this early and baby wasn't cooperating. Bummer! But I had an ultrasound and there was my tiny little peanut with a tiny little heart beating strong! It's amazing how God forms these little ones! The baby already has tiny legs and arms and was jumping all around.



I'm  9 weeks, 4 days today. If all goes well our new little one should arrive around December 4th. Yep, 2 kiddos with b-days the same week! Lucy is Dec. 7th. Maybe it will be another girl and I won't have to buy any clothes!

How am I feeling?:
-Nauseous.
-Fatigued.
-Nauseous.
-Tired.
-Did I mention nauseous?
Haha! Maybe it's because I have an active toddler to chase, but I am feeling much more sick this time around. Last week (week 8) was the worst. The nausea never went away. Not fun. Thankfully, I am feeling a little better this week. I started feeling a lot better at week 10 with Lucy. So I'm praying that it's the same this time. I think I can make it a few more days! I think. :)

I'm doing things a little differently this time around:

-Seeing a midwife.
-Exercising 5 days a week (at least trying!). I never exercised with Lucy (horrible!). I'm determined to exercise regularly--mostly because I'm starting this pregnancy 11 lbs. less than my pregnancy with Lucy and I don't want to lose all of that hard work! I've been doing a great job so far and it's making a difference! I haven't gained much weight and still fit comfortably in all of my clothes. Yay! I consider this a great accomplishment. Ha! :)
-Eat Healthy. I did not make the best food choices when I was pregnant with Lucy. I think she was made of Taco Bell and Pizza.
-Not getting induced. I want to go into labor on my own this time.
-Can't promise no epidural but I'm willing to give it a try. I'm going to have to psych myself out over the next 7 months. We'll see.

So that's the scoop for all of you who wanted to know! I will try to post a weekly-ish update and pictures of my growing tummy. Thankfully there is not really a baby bump yet---so no picture. Maybe next week.
We are very excited and praise God for another child to love and raise to serve Him!

3 comments:

  1. Excited for you! Your goals sound great! :-) I'm sure you'll do fantastic. It was SO much easier the second time around for me. Hope it is with you as well! Praying for you and the peanut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tali! So excited for you all...such great news! Midwives are wonderful, too! (Fyi,was sectioned w/ my first three, called in a midwife for my last three, and did it fine... w/o epidurals!) YOU CAN DO IT! :D It goes w/o saying that eating healthy and staying fit is key to an optimal preganancy, so you're already on top of your game. :) Of course, giving into a craving once in a while is good for the soul...need those every now and then for good hormonal balance/frame of mind! ;) Will be praying! Congrats again to you, Carey, and Lucy...such joy-filled times!

    ReplyDelete