.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Trials

Do you ever feel like life is just one big trial after another??
Trials have been in abundance in my life over the last year. I am thankful, don't get me wrong.I know that trails test the genuineness of my faith to ultimately bring praise and glory to God. I rejoice in that! But sometimes I get weary. I was already planning on writing about trails today....and then one more came this morning. Hmm....maybe my heart still needs to learn? :)

I was so excited to get out of the house this morning and work out. Thursday morning is Zumba--my favorite way to exercise! I get bored out of my mind on the elliptical and treadmill sometimes. Zumba is fun and the hour flies by! Plus I burn tons of calories. It's pretty great. :) Anyway, that's not the trial....
I got Lucy and myself all ready to go. We headed down to the car and I noticed the tire was especially bad this morning. We have needed a new one for a while and I think it's finally no longer drivable. I thought I would try it out anyway. I got in the car and tried to back out AND no steering whatsoever. What!? This has never given us problems before. Maybe the Lord knew I shouldn't be driving on that tire and caused the steering to go out. I'm praying it will miraculously work next time! Prayers are appreciated. =)

My heart is heavy with many burdens today and I feel the need to talk to myself. What do I mean, you ask? In C. J. Mahaney's Living the Cross Centered Life he talks about our tendency to listen to ourselves. We are constantly bombarded with everyone telling us to "follow our hearts" and other ridiculous lies. The Bible says that our hearts are desperately wicked! What I "feel" will only make matters worse and make me miserable. I have seen this destroy people I love and I want nothing to do with it!! So I will talk to myself today. I will speak truth from what I know is right. God knows my needs. God's grace is more than enough for me today. Trials remind me that I am God's and He is working in me. Trials make the joy of my future in heaven sweeter. Trials make me like Jesus. The list goes on....

Isn't that what life is about? Still, my soul be still. I've been doing a lot of listening to this song lately. I hope it encourages you too! I have also been listening to When Trials Come and By Faith.






5 comments:

  1. Sorry for the hard times, Talli! Sounds like you are doing well at keeping it in perspective! Thanks for sharing. I need to talk to myself much as well. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tali, I can totally relate. I have been struggling lately with the same things. And those same songs you listed have also been a huge encouragement to me. I am learning (sometimes slowly) to trust God moment by moment, and not to get bogged down with what may happen tomorrow, or a week from now, or next year, or five years. Trusting God means giving Him control.....over everything. I'll be praying for you as we both strive to trust God!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trials have been in abundance in our family over the past year as well. It can be so hard to keep trusting when the valley seems long and dark. Keep resting and being still. Praying for the faith needed to keep trusting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just read this and sounds like God has really been working on us both my friend! Thankful for your friendship! And the trials that grow us!

    ReplyDelete