.

Monday, March 28, 2011

This and That

Well, it's no secret. I LOVE The Pioneer Woman. Her recipes are out of this world, she's down to earth and funny, she is super chic--even living out in the middle of nowhere, etc., etc. 

Anyway, I ordered her cookbook from Amazon with some b-day $$. Woo-hoo! Let me tell ya, it all looks entirely too delicious. :) Carey was in heaven as he browsed through it. He expects way too much from me now. Haha! 

I also ordered her love story-- Black Heels to Tractor Wheels.   


I finished the book in 2 days. I was a fun easy read. It was clean, sweet, romantic, funny and sad. Even though our circumstances are obviously different, I think many women can relate to Ree Drummond in a lot of ways. She is definitely an inspiring woman.

In other news, it snowed AGAIN yesterday. I thought winter had it's last hoo-rah last week when it snowed....and the week before that when it snowed. It is officially spring now so snow should not be falling anymore. Me and Lucy are dying to get outside and play at the park and visit the petting zoo and take walks and go to the pool.


Look at those cute little chubby legs! I love babies in swim wear. :) I would totally put her in a little bikini if I didn't have double the skin to lather with sunscreen. 

Happy Monday.

2 comments:

  1. ohh, my birthday is in a few weeks and i may follow suit with the cookbook-buying! :) i am a big fan of pioneer woman as well.

    here's to spring and dates at the pool with baby girls! :)
    jc

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've come to learn Pioneer Woman does not disappoint! :) I def. recommend the cookbook and I've only had it a few days.

    I know you're looking forward to spring just as much as we are. Ahh! We're going stir crazy. I love Kaya's dirt eating pics by the way. Haha! She is so cute!

    ReplyDelete