.

Thursday, September 30, 2010

My Little Sunshine :)

It's been a while since my last Lucy update---so here's what my girlie has been up to this month! It seems like a lot! But that's what I get for waiting a while between posts.

As much as I would like to stop time and keep Lucy a little baby forever, it's not working. In just a week she'll be 10 months old! Which means her 1st birthday is only 2 months away! I am a little sad that she will never be teeny tiny again. She is becoming more independent every day. But this stage is super fun. Her little (actually her BIG) personality is shining through more each day and she never ceases to just crack me up! 
Lucy always wants to be standing now. She pulls herself up on everything! It doesn't matter what it is. A wall, a couch, a table, a chair, a person. She even tries to "pull up" on short things which leaves her stuck in a bent over position. :) She has started "cruising" as she's standing up--moving from one side of the coffee table to the other. Walking is not far away! I don't think I'm ready for this. :) 



Her little brain is constantly at work too! She loves to point at things and waits for me to tell her what they are. She discovered our fish the other day and now asks to see "thshh, thshh." She really likes to watch him swim around. She's talking a lot more! She says "hi" very well now and "thank you" which sounds like "cheech ooh." And she has added to her animal sound repertoire. Lucy just loves animals! If you ask her she can make the sounds of the tiger, elephant, puppy, monkey, cow and lizard (which is sticking out your tongue back and forth). I will have to add the video of this soon.....but I'm having technical difficulties getting my video camera to upload it's info! 


Lucy has started to "share" things. She will offer me her binky or soggy food. Mmm. :) Sometimes she will offer you food and just as she's about to put in in your mouth, she will yank it away and eat it herself. Then she will laugh like, "ha, I gotcha." We did not teach her this! Like I said, HUGE personality. (As you will see from the pictures below.) She's also started shaking her head yes or no. It's nice to be able to ask her a question and she can answer! Not so nice when I'm trying to feed her veggies and she shuts her mouth and shakes her head no. She even likes veggies. I think she just enjoys saying no. Great. :)


Lucy loves playing. Balls are a new favorite toy. Mr. Potato head parts are fun too. We like to be silly.
Lucy also loves Momo's puppy, TJ. She says his name...."Jee Jay." She is getting to be more brave around him. He's still a little scary, but she'll go over to pet him now. She always has to keep her eye on him!

Other favorite activities are playing the piano and Daddy's guitar. Future musician? I hope!

I love this girlie so much and I am so thankful God have her to us! I never get tired of squeezing her and kissing her and snuggling her! She's my little sunshine. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment