.

Friday, September 10, 2010

Lucy and Tigers and Polar Bears...Oh My!

Labor day weekend= zoo weekend for the Wilson's. We took Lucy to a local petting zoo/farmstead and the Kansas City zoo. We had tons of fun. Lucy is getting to the age where she LOVES the animals. We have animal flash cards at home which are some of her favorite things to "play" with. We look through them and I make the animal noises. She loves it. And she has started making some of the noises too. 
She's best at the cow. :) Here's a video showing off her "mooing" skills.
Anyway, we took Lucy to the zoo at the beginning of the summer and she wasn't too excited about it. She liked the walk but I don't think she really understood that we were there to see animals. :) What a difference 3 months can make! This time she was so into the animals! It was fun for me to see her recognize certain ones from her flash cards. 
I just love watching her little face light up.
Saturday we went to Deanna Rose Farmstead. 
Lucy loved the farm animals. Obviously the cows were one of the highlights of our trip.

Lucy mooed at them. So proud of my smart girl! 
Here's mommy and Lucy mooing at the cow. 

It was a beautiful day and we loved walking around the gardens.



I can't get enough of this sweet baby girl!


I think there are many more trips to Deanna Rose in our future. :)
Here's Lucy and Daddy checking out the cows.

On Labor Day my parents took us all to the Kansas City Zoo. It was another beautiful day and we had such a great time! Highlight of our trip was seeing the newest addition to the zoo: Nikita the Polar Bear! 
He is definitely the coolest thing at the zoo. I could have watched him all day! 
Lucy was really interested in him too. She watched him swim in the water and do flips for everyone watching. 
Her eyes got so big every time she saw him. I can't wait to take her back!

We have to wear our zebra bow when we go to the zoo. :) 


She's so goofy.


Tigers are super cool and very intriguing---as you can see by Lucy's face. 


I think she recognized the elephants from her flash cards. 
She laughed at the noises we were making at least. 


Walking the KC Zoo makes you thirsty.

Anyway, here we are on the Kangaroo rock. 
We always took our picture here when we were kids. 

So there you have it. Lucy and Tigers and Polar Bears.....oh my. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment