.

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Growing up so fast!


Well, let me start by saying that in the 3 weeks or so since my last post it seems like Lucy has grown up right before my eyes! It's hard to believe my little 6 pound peanut is already 8 months--crawling and talking! Where has the time gone? That tiny little baby now takes up my whole lap when I snuggle her! Sweet Lucy, your babyhood is going by too fast!


 

 Lucy just turned 8 months old on the 7th! And with the new month came lots of milestones for our girlie!
 We now have a crawler---and a tired mommy. :) 
I have to keep close watch these days since Lucy can get anywhere and everywhere she wants.
To her, little fuzzies and such make for exciting finds.
I, on the other hand, see them as choking hazards.  
Crawling is our new favorite past time and I think it's here to stay! 
Even if we get stuck sometimes. :)

 

 Lucy has also started talking. Yes, talking. 
I am going to have quite the chatterbox. I can already picture long car rides with a toddler in the backseat asking every question she can think of. What am I in for!
Lucy has spent the last few months babbling constantly. 
Now she's starting to make real words!
Of course, she says "da da" and "ma ma." She associates these words with us now. 
She recognizes her name too....but she can't say "Lucy" yet. :)
She has also started to say "hi." She was talking to Carey on the phone the other day and kept saying, "hi dad, hi dad." She actually said "dad"--it was too cute!




Another milestone this month.....Lucy's 1st tooth!!
I am so proud of her for not fussing over it. She was a little sad and crabby about 3 days before it cut through. I had a feeling it was her teeth....and sure enough! Her tooth is not through far enough to capture in a picture. But I'll post one as soon as you can see that pearly white! It sure is a sharp little thing. Poor baby. She's a trooper! One down, lots more to go. :( 
She's been busy with her tongue ever since it came through. 
What is this new thing in my mouth!



I made her a tutu last week for pictures she had taken. Here are some of the pics from her photo shoot with mommy. :) This is going to make for lots of great dress up play times!
I love my sweet princess and can't imagine life without her! 
Stay tuned for more memories and milestones!


No comments:

Post a Comment