.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Living Dangerously

As you all probably know from pictures and my last post, Lucy is now mobile. Crawling is tons of fun and getting into everything is even better. :) 
Lucy loves to climb up onto the shelf on our coffee table and take off all of my books.

She gets so much joy out of throwing them all on the floor. Once they have all been removed from the shelf, she chooses one and begins to "read" it. She'll turn the pages and talk to herself. Someone has obviously been observing. 
Today, Lucy's adventures took a turn for the worse. I had been taking pictures of her crawling underneath the chair in our living room. She was determined to get Carey's flip-flop on the other side. (This child has an obsession with flip-flops and would love to chew on them all day long. Gross. Of course I don't let her. But she'll book it across the room if she eyes a shoe.....so I have to keep close watch.)
The reason I was taking pictures was because she was doing things the hard way. Why go around the chair when you could climb over rockers? This way must be more fun.
After I was done taking pictures I set the camera on top of the chair. 
BUT, the strap was hanging down. 
 Lucy crawled out from under the chair, looked up at that camera strap and it was just too tempting. The camera came falling off onto her face. :( She screamed and cried harder than I've ever heard her. Poor baby. It left a little mark. It didn't break the skin (thankfully). 
But she definitely has a "battle wound."
After the crying stopped she still wanted the camera. :) 
And I will try harder to keep dangerous items out of reach.
A minor set-back but no worries---she's back to living dangerously.


No comments:

Post a Comment