.

Monday, August 23, 2010

Sweet Summertime

Summertime is almost over and it went by all to fast. I will admit that I am ready for fall--my absolute favorite season. I'm ready to go to the pumpkin patch, decorate with bittersweet, feel crisp cool air, smell my favorite Harvest Yankee candle, cook any and all things pumpkin, go to the cider mill, watch the leaves change, etc.!
But since (at least according to the unending 90+ degree weather) it's still summer for a little longer, we're going to squeeze as much out of it as we can!
This weekend we took Lucy blackberry picking. This is one of our favorite summer activities and we've been trying to plan a trip for months!
This weekend we amazingly had no where to be and nothing to do--so we woke up early, grabbed some latte's at Starbucks and headed to the Berry Patch!
The Berry Patch is known for it's blueberries but I have a hubby who prefers blackberries. So we go blackberry picking. Next summer I hope to do both!  :) 

Lucy and Carey getting ready to head out and find blackberries!

We dressed Lucy in probably the cutest outfit of all time. Sometimes she is just so cute I can barely stand it. :)
Before heading out to find blackberries, we stopped in the store for a fresh homemade blueberry muffin--YUM!

Lucy was a little sleepy on our berry picking trip. Nap time got thrown off a little so smiles were few and far between. That's okay. I got some cute pictures anyway! 

We had a lot of fun searching the rows of blackberry brambles for the perfect berries!

Lucy was a great help.
Hmm.....I think I see a good one over there.
 See how I can't resist her? Look at that face. :) 
Anyway, we could almost taste the blackberry cobbler as we finished collecting our berries. :)

Dad, it looks like we have enough!
We let Lucy hold a blackberry. I mean, she had to know what we were making such a fuss about.
She was under close watch because she wanted to squeeze it....
and we didn't want blackberry juice all over her cute new outfit!
Plus, blackberries aren't quite an 8 month old approved food.

We had a fun time as a family and can't wait for next summer when Lucy can walk around and help us pick!
This year she did help out holding the bucket.


Goodbye sweet days of Summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment