.

Friday, July 16, 2010

Drama Queen

Since this is a blog about my little Lucy, I guess it's time to write about her! Having a child instantly makes life more interesting and fun! I laugh all day long at the silly things Lucy does. I sometimes even laugh when she's being naughty (although I don't let her see this) because she's so stinkin' cute. Never a dull moment being a mommy--I love it! 

Lucy is 7 1/2 months old and learning so much every day. It's amazing how a baby's brain is like a little sponge soaking up everything! We've been working on waving "hi" and "bye-bye" for a while now and Lucy has just started to catch on. Before, she would smile when we would say these words. But now she's starting to get the wave down! It's so funny to watch. She hasn't quite perfected it yet. :) Her little wrist gets turning and her fingers start moving. She's so pleased with herself that she practices all day....no need for me to give the cues. Hopefully she'll get the coordination down soon and give a real wave. But I do love her attempts. :)

Lucy is also quite the character. Such drama! She loves being silly. Lately she's been giving fake coughs and laughs to get people's attention---or to show her displeasure in my not paying as much attention to her as she thinks I should. (This would be an example of the naughtiness that happens to be adorable.) She gets this little face and with all the drama she can muster gives a *cough, cough.* I do discipline this behavior when she's being bad. But it cracks me up when she's just doing it for fun!

Being Silly!

Lucy is also getting to be quite mobile. She doesn't crawl yet--and I'm not in any hurry for her to master that skill. She gets into enough as it is! But she rolls across the room and loves getting into everything! Here are some examples of leaving her to her own devices for a few moments....

Ooh, Nintendo looks like fun!

Or maybe I could pull my play mat on top of me and make a tent.....

Me? Get into trouble? Never. Is this a face that would get into trouble?

Lucy also loves eating real food. I can't shove it in fast enough for her. :) Her favorite food is carrots. But she'll eat anything. She gets so excited when eating! Her little arms move up and down and she gets a crazy look in her eyes. Pretty sure those chubby legs are here to stay! We gave her a teething biscuit for the first time this week. She was so excited about it she got herself laughing and couldn't stop. It was so funny!

Give me food!

Teething biscuits, where have you been all my life!

So there's the update on the adventures of Miss Lucy. She keeps me laughing and on my toes. Love, love, love my sweet girlie!


No comments:

Post a Comment