.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Wild Child

I officially have a wild child.
Remember when your baby just stayed in the same place and life was peaceful and you got lots done? Obviously this is not my life anymore. :) Miss Lucy--whom I have lovingly (or maybe not so lovingly) named the Tasmanian Devil has been tearing through the house at lightning speeds (walking is MUCH faster than crawling!), destroying everything in sight!! She seriously runs around pulling toys from all places and making messes I never knew were possible. I cannot clean up fast enough! But, what's the point? Until she goes to bed it will just happen over and over and over and over........you get the picture. :) So if you happen to visit me during the day you might have to step over a few toys to get through the door. Next place we live will require a playroom. I might go out of my mind without one. :) But seriously, I love my kiddo. I am so thankful to have a sweet baby girl to make messes everywhere. And a baby to make noises too. Story-time! Today in the car I had music playing. It was a new album I had just downloaded and I was enjoying listening. Was enjoying. You see, Miss Lucy has inherited her Daddy's ability to sing. She loves to sing. She hums to herself all day long and will sing along with me or any music she hears. She imitates the way of singing too....like when we had the Irish Tenors playing she sang opera style. Not. Even. Kidding. So as soon as my new music came on she had to sing at the top of her lungs the whole time. Carey and I just looked at each other and realized we may never have peace. Ha! =) 


Never a dull moment in this house. 
In other news, Valentine's Day was this week (not that this is news to any of you). Lucy got a Winnie the Pooh and Piglet from her Valentine (a.k.a.--Daddy). :) Here she is enjoying her new friend. 


3 comments:

  1. Glad your learning early on that sometimes you just have to put up with a little mess. Took me a while to learn that. And now I have three little ones to triple that mess! :-) Oh, and we have a playroom - but do you think those toys STAY in there? Nope! :-)
    Lucy sure is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I'm glad Kaya is not the only "tornado child"...the bath letters are in my living room, every book is off the shelf...lol. :) It's so cute that Lucy loves singing! And opera?! :) Here's to the days ahead that *hopefully* include little girls learning how to PICK UP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww.....Megan has a Pooh Bear (Megan calls him Poo Boo) who has been her constant sidekick since she was 12 months old. She lit up with excitement when she saw that Lucy had one. We also have Piglet, Roo, Lumpy (the baby heffalump) and Jordan has Tigger. I hope Lucy has as many years of fun with her Hundred Acre Woods Friends as Megan has!

    ReplyDelete