.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snow Day 4

If you haven't heard--we got lots of snow. (That comment was sarcastic, by the way.) =) All 3 of us spent the day inside, warm and cozy while we watched the blizzard outside. Gotta admit...I want to be on the beach. We're getting cabin fever. Spring, come quickly! Since we're stuck with nothing to do--okay, lots to do (like organizing the storage closet) but who wants to actually do that?--I've been dreaming of a Florida Keys vacation. You have no idea how badly I want to be on that vacation right now! It probably won't happen for sometime. Like our 7th anniversary. We always said maybe we'd do something grand on our 5th. WELL, 5 years is only 1 year away. Not sure it's going to happen then. Wow, time flies. Anyway....I am dreaming of a convertible car driving through the keys with big sunglasses, cute sundresses, salty sea air and pina-coladas. *Sigh* Someday. :) 

What did we do on our snow day? We played Wii and some Super Nintendo (my personal fav). Lucy likes playing too. But sometimes she gets the controller confused with a cell phone. She randomly holds it to her ear and says, "Hello." Which sounds more like, "Ha-woah." Here are pics of some Daddy/Daughter Nintendo time. 
She was playing Star Wars. Actually killed some bad guys.

"Hello!"

We got some movies from the Library and watched a couple while Lucy was napping. We also did a little reading. Lots of reading to Miss Lu. It's her favorite activity these days. She'll bring you a "boo" (book) and sit right in your lap and look up at you with those big brown eyes. How can you say no?? We got some grown up reading in too. I have decided not to read the book previously posted: I'll Never Be Young Again by Daphne du Maurier. I really enjoyed other books she has written like: Jamaica Inn, The Scapegoat, Frenchman's Creek, and Rebecca. I got about 6 chapters in to I'll Never Be Young Again and decided it wasn't worth my time. It's not worth yours either....trust me. Unlike her other books, there was no mystery and intrigue. It was actually pretty boring and the story line was odd (and not in a good way). Good thing I discovered this in plenty of time to still get a book in for February! I am re-reading Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers. It has been about 8 years since I've read it and I know I'll enjoy it more now. Definitely a book worth reading (and re-reading!). And my comments on Humility by C.J. Mahaney are coming. Just have a few chapters left! 

ANYway, we were able to venture out today for a while. Hooray! So thankful for our 4x4. We had lunch with my Daddy for his birthday! After Lucy wakes up from her much needed nap we are going to spend some time at the gym. We finally have gotten back into the habit of going and we're loving it. I get some "me" time while Lucy plays in the kiddo area. Carey is loving it too. I am attempting Zumba classes in the near future. Ha!! Will definitely have to post about that. I am going to look ridiculous I just know it. But I've heard it's tons of fun. SO, I'm going to give it a try.

That's what we've been up to lately. Happy Wednesday.
Here's another snow day pic. Love this kiddo! She's pretty much irresistible. 

Carrying on a conversation with Mommy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment