.

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Sick Girlie

Well, Lucy made it 14 weeks and 3 days before getting her FIRST fever. Pretty impressive. She's only had a slight runny nose one other time in her life. But, this week her little body caught a bug. We knew something was up when she started fussing at night. Then her nose started running...a lot. THEN, she got a fever. Amazingly, it's barely phased her. Lucy just wanted to "pl-ay!" At least, that's what she told me. I ask her if she wants to rest and before I can finish the question she sweetly says, "No." She finally decided to take a nap at 2pm. Usually she can't wait to take her morning nap but not today. She's been playing like an energetic wild child since 7am. Mommy needs rest so Lucy must!! Is there caffeine in antibiotics? I'm thinking maybe. :)

We took Lucy to the doctor yesterday and she has an ear infection. She was pretty pathetic all day. She just had this sick look on her face and would give me sad little whimpers. But even at the doctor she made a point to say hi to everyone in the waiting room and converse with the front desk ladies. Haha! Such a sweetie. I am so thankful so a happy baby even wen she's not feeling well. Her antibiotic should be kicking in and hopefully she'll be all better soon. (She's acting much better already, hence the "wild child" comment.) 

Anyway, Lucy has added a couple of new words/phrases to her vocab this week. Now when she says, "bye-bye" she adds "see-a-layuh." (see you later). =) While running errands I told her we were going to Costco (which happens to be one of her favorite places because she gets to hold the Costco card and acts like it's the coolest thing in the world). She immediately got excited and yelled "COS-CO!!"  She cracks me up. 

That's about it here. Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. I'll be enjoying it from home taking care of my sick babe....or rather, chasing my wild child. *tired sigh* =)

2 comments:

  1. What antibiotic is she on? Most likely amoxycilin and I beleive it has quite a bit of sugar in it. It always makes my kids hyper, too! Be sure to brush her teeth shortly after she takes it! That stuff sticks like glue to their teeth and will even turn it a weird color!
    Sorry she isn't feeling well. Its never fun to see your child not feeling up to par! By the way - I love the font on your blog - very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sugar....that's probably it. :) She's taking that pink amoxycillin. I guess I can look forward to a hyper baby for the next 8 days!

    ReplyDelete