.

Friday, October 28, 2011

Worth It All

Just a note of encouragement today.
A little bit of what God is teaching me.

We just finished going through the book of John in church. Sunday was the last message and it was so great! It was chapter 21:15-25. Jesus is asking Peter if he loves Him sincerely, SUPREMELY, intimately and entirely. As I was soaking in the passage I had no idea how much I was going to need it this week. God is so good and faithful to give us what we need, isn't He? My faith has been challenged this week in ways it never has before. I have experienced trials deeper and different than at any other time in my life. I am learning what it means to love Christ more than any other and trust that what God has planned for my life is best and what will bring Him most glory.

I've been praying these last months that God would make me more like Himself so I can be a better mommy to my girls. I pray that they will know and love Jesus. God has graciously given them so ME. Placed them in MY care on this earth. My home is a mission-field to teach my children to love their God supremely and entirely. How can I teach them if I am not living it myself?

Even though trials are hard---sometimes even seemingly unbearable--they draw me closer to God. They make me like Jesus. How can I lose my joy and hope when I have Christ?! My life is truly blessed and full.

"Jesus I My Cross Have Taken" is one of my favorite hymns. Put to a new tune, this song has challenged and encouraged me this week. I hope you'll be encouraged too! God is good and great. The joy of knowing and serving Him is worth it all. The cross has transformed my life! How can I not serve Christ?


No comments:

Post a Comment