.

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Sugar and Spice

....and everything nice. That's what little girls are made of! 

I'm the mommy of 2 beautiful girlies. :) The sonogram confirmed what I knew all along. I knew Lucy was a girl from the beginning and I've had a feeling this one was too. Everyone in my family (including Carey who I think is still recovering from the news) thought I was having a boy. But I was right! =)

Isn't she cute? Her profile actually looks a lot like Lucy's sonogram. Cutie-pie lips and nose.
We are praising God that everything looked great and she's growing right on schedule! She's 8 oz. and measured right at 18 weeks 3 days. Lucy always measured small and was induced at 41 weeks. I'm hoping this little lady will arrive on time since she's bigger than her sister was. Or maybe she'll just be chubbier. I would be ok with that too.Chubby babies are so cute.

Gotta admit....I was hoping for a girl. Of course I would have been thrilled about a boy. But I am so so happy we're adding another girl to our family!
Reasons I am very excited about another baby GIRL:

1. I get to reuse all of Lucy's adorable clothes. 
2. I get to dress up another girlie in hair bows. Woo hoo! (Maybe she will have more hair than her sister.)
3. We already have girl toys. Actually, we already have girl everything.
4. I like princesses.
5. Tea parties. 
6. I don't have to figure out a boy/girl themed birthday party since they will be sharing the same birthday week and most likely the same party. 
7. Sisters! I never had one. I'm excited Lucy will!
8. Hair bows. Oh wait, did I mention that?
9. Tutus.
10. Nail polish.
The list goes on! 

One thing about this baby being a girl is that we do not have a name. And naming is not easy for us. We have 2 names we're considering right now but that could always change. Hopefully she'll have a name by the time she arrives. :) 

This kiddo is a mover. I feel her all day long...and sometimes all night long. I do love little baby kicks. *Sigh* She's already given me some pretty intense kicks though. I might be in for a painful few months! During the sono she was moving all around and had her little hand over her face like she was rubbing her eyes and sucking her fingers. She also kicked at whatever you call the imaging thingy they move across your belly. I don't think she liked her space being invaded.

As for me, 18 1/2 weeks and finally nausea free! (For the most part.) Sometimes I still have moments if I smell something gross. But thankfully my mornings aren't spent standing over the kitchen sink wondering if I'm going to lose my breakfast. I am pretty tired all day. But I think that's just life. I've gained about 10 lbs. so far and I hit my Lucy pre-pregnancy weight at 18 weeks. I feel so much better this time around physically! 

Here's an 18 week pic from 4th of July. Wearing blue....haha. :) I don't have an 18 week pic with Lucy to compare! :( 





No comments:

Post a Comment