.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Festivities

I am really not great at this blogging thing yet. I realize that I only post something about once every 3 weeks. Sorry followers. I will attempt to do better in the coming weeks! :)
That said, here's what we've been up to recently.....
Lucy turns one, ONE, next Tuesday. This year has flown by. I can't believe it's already been a year since we brought our precious baby girl home. In other ways it feels like we've had her forever. I can't begin to imagine life without Lucy!
I know I post this picture a lot but it's one of my favorites!
I'm in love with this baby girl!
Tomorrow beings Lucy's birthday festivities. :) My parents will be out of town on the big day so we are celebrating with them tomorrow. Mom got an adorable cake and they have fun gifts for the birthday girl! Then on Tuesday we'll be having our own little party with Lucy. Just Mommy, Daddy and Lu. We are very excited about the gifts we got her. She's going to love them! Stay tuned for pictures and details!

Anyway, Saturday we took Lucy to cut down our Christmas tree!!
She was with us last year......

But obviously in a different way.
This year we have a much bigger Lucy and a much smaller me! :)


We enjoy cutting down our tree each year. It's a fun tradition we've done every year since we've been married. I hope Lucy will someday look forward to this tradition each year! This year she wasn't quite sure what to think.

The tree was kinda pokey.

I love this girlie!

 Helping Daddy carry back our tree!

Lucy's doing a great job of leaving the tree alone now that it's home and decorated. 
Such a good girl!

In other news, Lucy is making a mess of meal time. Here's some of her handy work.....


Who knew bananas make for great hair gel? :) Needless to say, we've been getting a lot more baths around here! I think she's doing it on purpose. Lucy loves baths! She has even added the word "bath" to her vocabulary. :) Speaking of her vocabulary....it grows daily! She has started to copy what we say a lot! She says "tree" when we look at the Christmas tree. And she said "carrots" today too. Hahaha! They are her favorite food.
Also, Lucy has taken a few steps!! Usually only 1. She actually did take 3 the other day. But we've got a ways to go! :) Crawling is a much faster mode of getting around.....why walk?
There you have it! We have one more week with an 11 month old. 
Growing up so fast!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment