.

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Little Miss Annie


There is a little poem. It goes like this....
There was a little girl,
Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
 When she was good,
She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.
 -- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

And this poem, my friends, describes my little Annie Joy.  
Read on... 


8 weeks old! Yes, these past 8 weeks have been somewhat of a blur. I have been in serious survival mode. 
Lucy Noelle--you spoiled me kid. Never cried. When I say never, I mean never. Slept all of the time. All of the time. Easiest child ever. 
Lucy
Annie Joy--good thing I didn't have you first. I might not have any more children. =) Ok, maybe it's not that bad. Maybe. You cry. A lot. For no apparent reason sometimes. You don't sleep well. I am tired. 
The end.
Annie
Annie Belle, as I so lovingly call her. 
What has she been up to? 

When she was good, she was very good indeed...
  
*Being CUTE AS CAN BE! This kiddo is adorable! She can give the biggest smiles and sweetest coos. I just love her! She is way more expressive than Lucy was. And since Lucy is quite the little ham.... you do the math.




*Baby Acne. Poor thing! She has good and bad days. I think we're nearing the end of it....hope so!

Still cute though. :)

 *Playing. Annie loves "playing" with her big sis. She will laugh and smile at Lucy. Lucy loves to bring Annie lots of toys, read her books, and color next to (or occasionally ON) her. Annie also LOVES her crib mobile. She reserves her biggest smiles for it. I just can't compete with a twirling blue giraffe. 



*Rolling over. Yes, rolling. She got so mad during tummy time last night that she rolled herself right over! She's pretty strong--always loves to stand up. So rolling wasn't a surprise to me. She can roll on to her side from her back too. Lucy didn't roll until she was 4 1/2 months. Annie, please don't walk early too. Thanks. 

*Snuggling. Annie loves to snuggle! Sometimes I think she's sound asleep on my shoulder because she's still and quiet as can be. THEN I'll pass by a mirror and see that she's wide awake. She likes to trick me into holding her. Snuggle bug. 




*Growing. Annie lost a little weight when she was sick with RSV. But she's been eating like crazy and getting multiple chins. We go to the pediatrician Monday, but my guess is that she weighs a little over 10 lbs. She is wearing 3 month clothes and size 1 diapers.


Another great shot of that baby acne. And thrush on her tongue. But she doesn't seem to mind. :)


And when she was bad, she was horrid...


 *Eating, eating, eating, eating. Every 2 hours! I am not a fan of this. BUT, go a minute over 2 hours and she thinks she's starving to death. Also, go over 2 hours and she will spiral into a fit of rage that may last for the next 2 hours, in which she refuses to eat and just gets madder and madder and madder and madder.... But wasn't eating the problem in the first place? Child of mine. Actually, the last day or so we've had a few 3 hour chunks between feedings. I am beginning to see the light. I hope it's the light. Haha! :)

Little Miss Fussy
*Not sleeping. Ok, she sleeps a little. For the first few weeks she wouldn't nap at all. Just little catnaps. Ridiculous! Babies are supposed to sleep all of the time. She didn't get the memo. She has been napping a little better the past few weeks and we are all much happier people. Nighttime is a challenge. She still has yet to go over 4 hours between feedings. Yes, I am a tired mommy.


 *Being sick. :( Poor, poor baby! I think this has been detrimental to her eating and sleeping habits. I really do. At just 5 weeks we were in the hospital with RSV. Praise the Lord she did so well! We only had to stay 1 night. Big sisters are great for getting you sick. Annie is on round 2 of runny nose/cough junk now. I think she's almost better. Fingers crossed! Maybe she will eat and sleep better when she can breathe



That's what we're up to! Even though being a mommy of 2 has it's ups and downs, I wouldn't have it any other way. I am so blessed to have my girls! 
 



1 comment:

  1. What a sweetie! I'm glad she didn't have to stay in the hospital very long! Levi got RSV and Pneumonia when he was 7 weeks old and was in the hospital for a week - that was rough! Hopefully Annie will be feeling completely better soon. And I will pray that you get some rest. Those short hours at night are just not fun.

    ReplyDelete